Definitions from the Oxford Dictionaries:
• The imparting or exchanging of information or news
• The successful conveying or sharing of ideas and feelings
• Means of connection between people and places, in particular sending or receiving information
• The art or action of conceiving of and producing plan or drawing that shows the look and function of something before it is built or made
• An arrangement of lines or shapes created to form a pattern or decoration
• Purpose, planning, or intention that exists behind an action, fact, or material object
• To do, plan or create with a specific purpose or intention in mind
Communications Design is the art of conceiving and producing the purpose, planning and intention behind the successful conveying or sharing of ideas, feelings, information and news.
In other words,
Communication design consultants (like me) specialize in planning and creating content that makes a connection with others.
not black or white
we are blind in black’s darkness and blinded by the brightest white
we laugh with pain and we cry with delight
so what is black?
what is white?
we need color
the full spectrum
infrared through ultraviolet
what a sight…
the prism from dark to light
from night to day and day to night
enriching glorious individualities
(from the vault circa 2003-04… © Carrie Osgood)